Tuesday 7 June 2011

British Touring Car Championship - Oulton Park 4th June 2011

Not quite a busman's holiday or day out, but pretty close. For the first time in ages I found myself attending a race circuit simply for enjoyment rather than work.

My motorsport photography work has never included the British Touring Cars or its support packages, so for a change I took the opportunity to pop into Oulton Park as a spectator for the BTCC qualifying.

Spectating does of course have its advantages over working trackside, I was able to enjoy a picnic and pint with friends on the grass banking.

I still couldn't resist taking a few pictures of the current crop of Touring Cars.....














The crowd were also treated to a spirited display by a pair of Spitfires from the BBMF


No comments:

Post a Comment