Wednesday 16 March 2011

Its Like Marmite

The results of HDR (High Dynamic Range) Photography / Tonemapping are very much like marmite, you either love them or hate them.

The whole HDR process is new to myself and so far has proved complex, challenging and also very frustrating. Armed with a number of books just dedicated to this form of photography I'm slowly getting to grips with the basics, although I don't claim to have a deep technical understanding of the process yet. The one thing I am sure of, personally I love the effects that it offers, especially some of the more extreme results.

During some recent construction site photography I picked out a few images that I thought might just prove interesting after the HDR / Tonemapping treatment. After an hour on the computer the results are below, see what you think.







No comments:

Post a Comment